Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camping In Idyllwild

I know I promised to Blog about the Grand Canyon but when uploading all my pictures I realized I have a few things more to post about first. Actually more than just a few. But I am going to start with these few things and then get to the Grand Canyon pictures.

We went for a quick trip in June up to Idyllwild without a plan on where we would stay. We decided so late that we couldn’t book anything online and just had to pay when we got there. I really don’t like doing things without a plan so my husband was in charge of where we would be staying. I was in charge of food because that is something I can plan for!! Our first choice for camping was full so they sent us up a little ways to Thousand trails. It was really cool. The only drawback was there are no fires allowed. They did have a big bonfire going for a couple hours that you could roast marshmallows and make S’mores from and they had live music which was neat.  The other cool part was the trout pond. We fished and caught two fish (for $9) and cooked them when we got home that night. Another cool part was there was soap in the bathrooms. Ahhh the little things make such a difference when you are camping!! Here are some pictures from our adventure.DSC02901DSC02902DSC02903DSC02904DSC02905DSC02907DSC02909

DSC02922DSC02923DSC02926DSC02925

No comments:

Post a Comment